Nakhon Nayok is an ancient town believed to be some 900 years old. It was established during the Dvaravati Period (6th-13th centuries A.D.).
The name Nakhon Nayok was the designation given to an eastern garrison town of Ayutthaya the new Thai capital in 1350. Nakhon Nayok is 106 kilometres north of Bangkok by the highway following Khlong Rangsit. It is 137 kilometres by Highway No.33 (Suwannason Road). Nakhon Nayok province covers some 2,130 square kilometres much of which is forested hillsides, some form parts of national parks, laced with waterfalls, and others are lavishly landscaped botanical gardens.